The Preview Setup button brings up a list of themes to select and render a PDF preview.
The preview is a digital proof and shows how your book interior will look when printed or displayed as a PDF or eBook. Each theme provides a different interior content design:
Dragon - A modern, fun design suitable for young-adult fiction.
Poetry - Your sonnets and odes will look great in this serif-based treatment.
Memoir - A strong, dignified design to best show off your life story.
Elegance - A simple template using a serif font for a classic look.
Fifties - Like taking a trip back in time, a stylized option.
Business - Simple, professional design, well-suited for manuals and textbooks.
**Tip: If you use your mouse cursor and hover over the different templates it will give you a sample preview of what your formatting will look like.**
Select dimensions and theme preference, and click View Preview. A PDF file will download to your device, and can be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader (Free Download: https://get.adobe.com/reader/) for proofreading and viewing. This PDF is a digital proof, and an exact representation of the file used for printing the book.
Go back to your Dashboard to work on your book project, now.
Or learn more about Spotlight: Knowledgebase Sections:
- Publication Setup Button - How to Prepare for Publishing
- Pricing Your Book
- Post-Publishing & Distribution Next Steps: What to Expect
Publishing with FastPencil allows authors to write, print, publish and sell books and e-books publicly (or privately) in multiple formats and sizes with ISBNs available. Plus, Professional Author Services are available for those who would like to distribute through Global Partner Networks. Reach sales and budget goals while selling through Amazon, B&N, iBooks, BAM! and more by publishing just once from one simple platform.
Ask FastPencil pros about any stage of the book publishing life cycle:
- Write a Book + eBook from one project (Start a New Project)
- Establish your brand and engage with your network
- Professional Editorial & Cover services from industry-leading partners
- Create your own cover (does it look great at various sizes?)
- How to Print a draft / (ARC) advanced review copy
- Free proof reviews, downloaded to your desktop or device
- Prepare for publication: Here’s how to collect metadata easily
- Publish print book + e-book format bundles then distribute privately or globally, when desired, with this one button: