Your FastPencil project is protected as intellectual property!
From the Terms of Service page, YOUR RIGHTS:
"FastPencil claims no ownership or control over any User Content submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through FastPencil Services. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you submit, post or display on or through FastPencil services and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the license herein to any User Content submitted on the FastPencil website. FastPencil respects the intellectual property of others...."
However, we do not automatically copyright your work for you.
Copyrights are issued through the Library of Congress, or through this featured copyright service offer. Tip: Bowker (US) and Nielsen (UK) are private companies that only issue ISBNs, not copyrights. Check out more information about:
- Global ISBN Services
- Distribution Options for Published Books and eBooks.
- CopyrightsNow sponsored copyright service by DigiRights
Here's How to Protect Your Creative Work in 3 Easy Steps:
- Complete a 5-minute questionnaire about your work
- Pay U.S. government filing fee and upload (or mail-in) a copy of the work you want to protect
- Receive a Certificate of Registration directly from the U.S. Copyright Office - Purchase Today