Once you have published your book using FastPencil, our tool automatically generates a snippet of HTML code we call the "BookBuy Widget". The instructions below will walk you through embedding your widget on your Facebook page.
1. Once you are logged into Facebook go to your own home page. From your home page click the link that says "More" (with a drop down arrow) right below your cover photo.
2. From this drop down select the "Notes" option.
3. Once at the "Notes" page click the "+ Add Note" button in the upper right hand corner.
4. Enter a Title and a short blurb about your book. You could use the summary or description in your current publication.
5. Copy and paste the "BookBuy Widget" HTML from your publication's Promote page** into the "Notes" field. Then add any photos or tags that you would like to the Note and Publish it.
6. Once it is published click the "View my notes." link in the yellow box that appears at the top of the page. This link will take you to Notes overview page.
7. Click on the Note that you just created to view it. From this page you can "Like", "Promote", "Comment" and "Share" your note.
**The BookBuy Widget is located within your Publication Dashboard under the PROMOTE tab of your published book. First, go to your Publication Dashboard, click on your published book title, and then find the Promote tab.
To promote your book using the BookBuy Widget, copy the code and paste it into your blog, website, social media feed or email it to anyone! The BookBuy Widget features your book descriptions and a thumbnail of your front cover. Your readers will be directed to your FastPencil Marketplace homepage to purchase your book.
MORE VISUALS VISIT: What is a BookBuy Widget?