FastPencil sells POD (print on demand) books and eBooks. When a physical book is purchased, it is printed and shipped to the buyer. (Using the POD method, the author/publisher does not have to front the high cost to print or store a large inventory of books.) When an eBook is purchased, the buyer receives email instructions and can download the book directly from the logged-in user-view of the FastPencil Dashboard.
If you don't already have a favorite eBook app or program, we suggest checking out Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for reading EPUBs or PDFs on a Windows or Mac computer.
What you need
A computer or device plus software to read eBooks. For example:
- A Windows or Mac computer with reading software (like Adobe Digital Editions)
- An eReader such as a Kindle, NOOK or Kobo device
- An Android, Chromebook, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), Windows 8, or Windows Phone 8 device with a reading app (like iBooks for iOS)
Reading eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions
- Open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Go to File > Add to Library. Select the EPUB or PDF file.
- Double-click a jacket cover to start reading.
- When the book opens, you can start reading right away, or adjust your settings.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard or the Page Back and Page Forward buttons to turn the pages. (Original post from Overdrive.)